1. DNA electrophoresis results
2. Finish all written DNA tech lab work
3. Lab work and vocab stamped
No HW :) Congrats Grads! Happy Summer to you all
1. Discuss Smith family (DMD) lab results
2. Using Electrophoresis for Identification
Run & stain gels
3. Work together on the Jones family (Huntingtons)
HW: Quiz next class
Finish gene regulation/DNA tech vocabulary
Finish all DNA tech labwork
Optional Genetics lab due
Take my SurveyMonkey evaluation
1. Review Electrophoresis results
2. Electrophoresis in Disease Detection: The Smiths
Objective, hypothesis, gel results diagram
HW: Construct a table from your gel results; address the analysis prompt on the lab handout, including creating a pedigree.
1. 3 stamps: Notes, pGlo analysis, paper gel
2. . Electrophoresis tutorial
• make a gel
• review electrophoresis physical science
• rainbow electrophoresis
HW: Answer the following re: Rainbow results
• Which dyes are + charged? ? Which are -?
• Which contain a single pigment? Which contain multiple?
• Which pigment is the longest molecule ('RFLP') ? Which is the shortest?
What was the unknown made of?
Optional genetics lab data evidence by next class
Please participate in yoru classmates surveys - Janae's is linked on her facebook page (or check comments for link)
1. PPT: DNA tech
2. Paper gel model
3. Using a micropipette? Board games?
HW: More vocabulary
Vocab list handout
1. Exam Feedback: Genetics Exam, AP exam
2. Gene Regulation lab: pGlo results, discussion Q
HW: Gene Regulation Lab analysis
Make sure you have done the DNA tech reading assigned last week
The feedback on the College board AP Bio listserv is all over the place; without mentioning any specific questions, I'd love to hear what you think!
• Was the test about both process and content, or was one or the other more emphasized?
• MC similar in format to ACT?
• Did the 'do not STOP' at the end of the MC keep you from doing the grid in?
• did the grid-in difficulty seem equal in value to an MC q?
• Did you finish the MC/grid in?
• Did the quantitative problems reflect our s'math? Did you need the formula sheet?
• Was being test-savvy as important as knowing science & biology?
1. Optional project explained
2. Paper plasmid model
3. pGlo hypotheses/results
HW: Optional trait project
Once you've seen the pGlo results, write your lab analysis
For students with a C- or lower in the 'Product' portion of the AP Biology grade. Project handout here.