Unit Exam likely Tuesday 12/11/12
Review Sheet uploaded to both ORIGINS pages
Three Mader online quizzes linked under the respective subjects there as well.
1. Excel Lab finished? Stamped?
2. On Species: PPT
3. At lab: Class Phylogenetic Tree
4. Zonkeys stamped/discuss Monday
HW: Read/Take notes: 5e: 28.1, 3; + reprint 6e 32.2
6e: chapter 32
TEDx - on Gratitude
1. Excel population work stamped, discussed
(2A - I owe you a stamp for the last notes)
2. Fast Plants : ready to select?
Brainstorm list of possible traits; choose one as a class
Survey plants; select FOR the favored phenotype
3. PPT: Macroevolution
HW: SOAPS Analysis: Zonkeys
1. Founders/Bottleneck: Human examples
2. Fast Plants redux
3. Excel modeling: test your population
HW: Finish your Excel model, then graph & analyze your populations, both the original and then one test population (founders, etc). Record in your lab notebook: objective, pop size, variable tested, results (tables and graphs - by hand or in Excel)
1. Notes on 395/427 stamped, discussed
2. More Excel work on AP Lab #2
HW: Finish notes on Origin of Species
Define Vocabulary for the unit
1. Ch 1, 4, 5 Notes stamped (2)
2. Check your Fast plants: water, cover?
3. PPT: On the Origins of Life
4. Modeling Population dynamics with Excel(AP Lab #2)
HW: Play with the Excel Model?
NOTES: 5e p395; 21.1-3 (skip 'RACES' pgs)
6e p427; 22.1-3
Terms List posted (ORIGINS: Macroevolution page)
1. PPT: Defining Life
2. Got seedlings?
3. Another PPT: Origins
HW: Text: 4.3, 4.4; 5.4 + Article: The Origin of Complex Life