1. Intro to DNA as a forensic tool
2. Lab: A DNA Mystery: The Case of the Missing Yearbook
Prep DNA; Run and stain gels for interpretation next class
HW: • Read/take notes from epigenetics text in buffet; focus on claims made for epigenetic inheritance, and evidence for those claims.
• Working with Data: Cloning
• Return texts Thursday? Or keep to study for Genetics exam
1. Wrap up recent work:
• discuss POGILS
• have recent notes/work stamped
• Lab notebook work completed: Classic Genetics OR DNA Tech labs turned in
2. Make gels
HW: Epigenetics Buffet additions
1. AP Kickball vs music students
Class resumes Friday. Three more lesson days and a genetics/DNA exam during the finals period.
1. Re: exam
huzzah!, meh, or yikes! ?
2. Tree ID at Kaiser Park
HW: • Please return the Exam study books
• Bring your kickball skills (and appropriate clothes) for Wednesday's match again the music kids Would someone please bring a soccer ball or rubber playground ball??
1. Electrophoresis/DMD results reviewed
2. pGlo lab
intro to components, techniques
4. Gene Expression POGIL
HW: POGIL; ch 13 notes
1. Chromosome maps from linked genes
2. X-linked trait model: DMD electrophoresis
HW: Lab: Make sure Classic Genetics labwork is complete;
Buffet: Gene Expression notes 13.1 & 13.2; Case Study: HD
1. Fast Plants: Is the hypothesis supported?
look at leaf color and pigment as
2. Gene relationships problem set reviewed
3. PPT: Morgan updates Mendel
4. Lab C: Morgans results
HW: Finish Lab C Though step 10; Graph Lab B results; Notes 14.1
1. Mendel's data - size/difference pattern?
3. Fast Plants dihybrid results
review pre-lab; assess plants (carefully!); post to class data set
HW: Lab B data is posted; use to calculate percents, chi-square, finish this part of the lab. Continue with the Buffet: texts(1), gene relationships.