Apply for summer internships now! List of science internships uploaded to the website home page
1. 4.4-4.8 notes stamped and reviewed via PPT
2. Cell size continued
Math! formula sheet!
Lab C, D - Diffusion into agar cubes
3. Discuss membrane structure POGIL in lab group
HW: • Graph and analyze lab results in the lab notebook. Be sure to use quantities on your X axis (your ratios). If you were not able to see that largest block turn entirely clear, then calculate the percent remaining, as you did at 7-10 minutes, and use those two values to predict the final time. See this example.
Edit/discuss via comments, PPT presentation
Membrane Structure POGIL
Pick up new Buffet
1. Respiration Wrap-Up
PPT in lieu of a paper - draft by next class
2. PPT - Cell design/size
3. Lab: Cell Size, part A
HW: Finish chapter 4 notes
Respiration PPT - do your part!
POGIL: Membrane Structure
* want more? NY Times Think Like a Doctor
Washington Post Medical Mysteries
Discover Vital Signs
1. Cell Intro notes stamped
2. Run Respiration Lab
Record all in lab notebook
Create a shared Google presentation
HW: Lab Analysis in notebook
Start 4.4 - 4.8 notes, diagram annotations
1. Respiration Lab C
Decide question, variable, organism
Learn the Vernier sensors
Write up the pre-lab
2. PPT - 'Common Design' - cells
HW: Read/Take notes 4.1-4.3
Lab A, C, 8.2-8.4 summaries stamped
1. Finish PPT: Respiration
2. Lab C results (over ice cream)
3. Work on Buffet; more stamps
HW: Energy exam Friday: finish the Buffet; review your notes, class ppts, uploaded videos; additional review questions and online quizzes study options.
1. Animations ETC Chemiosmosis
2. POGIL: Oxidative Phosphorylation, Models 4, 5
3. Complete the Working with Data in buffet and...
HW: Review/mark up/summarize your notes
Lab A, C understood/summarized
Work on the buffet*/wrap this energy unit up
*correction - #9 on S'math : Respiration should read "...the metabolism of ATP into ADP + P..."
Stamp 8.4 and 8.5 notes
1. POGIL Aerobic Respiration Model 2 & 3
2. Lab: Set up Part C
3. PPT - Respiration, continued
HW: Bring Buffett to class Friday!
• Final edits to enzyme lab write up;
hard copy due Friday
• Write summaries! 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, Lab A
• Watch Bozeman on Respiration
• Buffett: Complete the respiration graphic organizer
Check it out: G113 Friday at lunch speaker: plastics from waste methane