1. Membrane potential redux, via Crash Course, and HW graphs
2. Compare/discuss/edit your POGIL: Neuron Function, particularly questions #8, 12, 13, 15b& c, and 16-20; edit and turn it back in as needed
3. Intro to Metabolism: POGIL: ATP .
3. Finish the Intro to metabolism assignment (ATP POGIL; notes 6.1 & 6.2)
4. Learn the first terms list (Cell Signaling; add synapse and depolarize to the print version) for a quiz (vocab and s'math) Monday
Back-to-school, for some!
Please be patient as we figure out hybrid school
1. Q & A: Neuron structure and function
2. Buffet: HHMI Biointeractive: The Electrical Activity of Neurons
3. Finish the classwork
4. Check your Examples: Cell Signaling work against the key (now posted to the assignment)
5. Optional for credit (and good practice in any case): Data: Rod Cell response
This is an asynchronous day of school, as is Friday (B day classes)
Communicating and responding to information via the nervous system involves diffusion, active transport, and communication within and between cells. The nervous system as a whole is no longer an AP content standard, but how the NS communicates is fair game on the AP exam.
1. Write notes on the topic, using 37.2 in the text, and the linked narrated SS.
2. Complete the POGIL: Neuron Function
See you Monday for synchronous class (and a few of you in-person! Yipee!)
1. Padlet - Cell signaling near and far
finish, make edits, add to notes
2. Kahoot: Positive and Negative Feedback
3. Buffet: Examples: Cell Signaling - due Wednesday
4. Osmosis lab paper: edits and final version - due Wednesday
No work over the first week of break; look for asynch work for the second week
1. Osmosis Lab:
• discuss/edit analysis
• create the shared document
• post results, graph to doc
• divvy-up paper components
2. POGIL: Signal transduction
Buffet pick up today - drive by G quad and honk! Until 3 or so
Pick up at library, Wednesday 8:30 - 2:30.
Buffet In GC
3. Finish the POGIL
4. Watch the TED Talk: How Bacteria "Talk"
• Complete this short, informal survey about your hybrid-learning and AP exam plans
• Lots of incomplete vocabulary assignments - see comments on returned work. revise as directed for credit.
1. Vocab due
2. Midterm Exam
MC in Jupiter
FRQ in GC - Choose 3
Nada, take the night off (from Bio, at least)
1. Water Potential Lab : Hypotheses
2. Share/discuss your Osmosis lab Analyses
3. Review & study - exam Monday
FYI the AP exam will not allow notes or other resources. Best practice is to take class exams in the same manner
4. Last word: If you missed an assignment: read/take notes from the text on transpiration, 25.3 (through stomata)