1. Macroevolution Quiz : Vocab in Jupiter, S'math in Forms.
2. Have you added to the class data table?
Enjoy the holiday (share the gratitude!) and the break
1. SS: antibiotic resistance phylogeny
2. Class phylogeny pre-lab reviewed
3. Generate the data
breakout in pairs, compare sequences, quantify differences, record in the class matrix, return to main room, repeat.
4. For any number in yellow on the matrix, use the tree diagrams to determine the number of common ancestors the students share. Input this information to the table (scroll down on the matrix sheet); change the cell from yellow to gray to mark it as done. Repeat for a second datum.
5. Study the vocab; quiz tomorrow
1. . SS: Phylogeny and Taxonomy, continued: adding time to a tree
2.. Phylogeny Lab: Write the Pre-Lab
3. POGIL: Check your POGIL against others, and against the key
4. Read/Take notes 19.1 & 19.2
5. Start the vocabulary, lists titled Macroevolution and Systematics
Research and write own definitions, or log in to Quizlet, Unit 2: Speciation, and complete the flashcards, learn, and test (80% goal) modes
1. Tests released: MC is in AP Classroom; FRQ via the link in your Form response receipt (Oct 20 email). Can you see your responses/the key?
2. SS: Systematics
3. Breakout room: create a taxonomy, phylogeny
If you didn't get to the cladogram, do this one
4. Read/take notes 19.1 & 19.2
5. Buffet: Phylogenetic Trees POGIL
paper copy is incomplete - print it from the GC assignment
6. Working with Data: Phlox key here
1. New lab groups; please rename yourself with the group number first.
2. SS: Macroevo rates: Gradualism vs Punctuated Equilibrium
3. Working with Data: Phlox species
Classwork; do not turn in. I will scan and post the key later.
4. Read the group lab paper, your contribution as well as the others. Edit directly, or use the comment feature to make suggestions.
5. Read and annotate (or summarize) the Systematics Lab background
A game die is an optional material for the lab, if you have one handy.
6. FYI: Unit 1 Exam released (I think)- The MC is in AP Classroom. To see your FRQ, find your response receipt from Google Forms on Oct 20. It has the link to see your responses (and the key answers). FRQ raw score is out of 12, curved is 9.5 max. AP Exam pass is 50% on each section.
Can you see your responses, and the key answers?