Write objective, hypotheses
2. Finish rDNA model
3. PPT or POGIL: Photosynthesis
HW: Cell Cycle/Genetics Exam Friday - study buffet options listed on Monday agenda
1. pGlo gene expression lab overview
paper plasmid model
2. Chlorophyll gene expression results
3. Mitosis slides?
HW: Read/take notes on Photosynthesis : 7.1, 7.3
Cell Cycle/Genetics Exam Friday
Study Buffet: "Assess' at the end of Chapters 9-11
a. 'Testing Yourself', written as assertions
b. 'Reviewing this Chapter' Short Answer Q
1. Work stamped: notes (2), Genetic Disease lab (analyze both parts), POGIL, if complete.
2. Discuss Huntington's lab results
3. DNA division, the play :)
4. Moisten seeds again
HW: Finish POGIL, lab analysis
1. PPT: Gene Expression
2. Lab: Chlorophyll expression in germinating seeds
3. POGIL: Gene Expression
HW: Watch this TED talk
1. Lab: Huntington's testing
2. Mitosis & meiosis
Worksheet stamped, reviewed
3. Lab: Mitosis
Onion root tip cells in interphase and mitosis
HW: Are you caught up? handouts, notes, lab work, etc
Notes: Gene Expression: 13.1 & 13.2, through p243
Do I have your whale stamps in the progress grade?
2. Smith family genetic testing results
Correlate lanes with family members; draw a gel
diagram w/results in your lab notebook
3. Analysis of Smith family results
HW: Finish Cell Cycle Comparison worksheet
DNA Tech notes: 14.1-14.2; (14.3 also interesting)
Optional article: His Genes Hold Gifts. Mine Carry Risks.
1. Loose ends: Stamps? Plants?
2. Lab: DMD genetic analysis
HW: Read the article Facing Life with a Lethal Gene. Explore accompanying multimedia resources; Answer: would you choose to know? Complete a pro/con t-table
Quiz Monday: Genetics, Cell Division vocab; genetics problems, probabilities, chi2 questions
1. POGIL complete? Compare with classmates
2. Cell Cycle PPT
3. DNA tech tools:
micropipettes, electrophoresis chamber (gel box)
HW: Cell Cycle Review Sheet
End of grading period - have all work complete
Seniors: project presentations ready? Add extra slides to speak about just in case you run short
Quiz Monday: Vocab, genetics math
1. Practice Problem sheet stamped
Lab results stamped/discussed
2. PPT: Morgan's fly lab conclusions
3. Lab: Linked Genes
HW: Cell Cycle POGIL
Cell division notes: 9.1, 9.2, 10.1, 10.2
1. Quick review: Other Allele Relationships
2. Lab: Polygenic* inheritance
HW: Together with your partners, revise your lab paper into the final copy. Due by Friday.
Finish the practice problems worksheet
Post your raw data on the Lab Results Blog.
Do the quantitative analysis for the polygenic
lab for both your data and the class data.
Expected frequencies for a three gene trait, a mean/SD calculator, a larger chi2 table, and an Excel results template are all uploaded to the Heredity Page
*NOTE for 2A: I read the expected for 1 pigment as 8/64 when in fact it is 6/64. Make the correction if you wrote 8/64.