1. Last opportunity for Ch 11 stamp(s)
Up to date lab work stamped; discuss analysis
2. Other allele relationships: PPT, polygenic inheritance
MONDAY TOPIC: Nervous System
HW: Genetics practice problems worksheet; add as #7 either question 3 or 4 from the Chi2 practice worksheet on the Heredity page
Finish notes 11.2 and 12.2 if not yet completed
1. Fast Plants Chi2 results discussed
Run additional chi2 tests
Share, analyze all results
2. "Ludwigia" cuttings planted
HW: Graph, compare, & analyze at least 2 data sets from the lab. (Class F2 + the subset you did on your own) Do not graph raw data; calculate and compare percent results instead. Discuss both data sets in your analysis, as well as the chi2 result for each, if applicable. Read through the results posted for other data sets, and comment on at least one additional datum in your analysis. Make your analyses both thoughtful and thorough.
Make sure you have notes on all the ch 11 assigned reading.
Optional exam prep Monday 3:45 - 4:30: Nervous System. Explore the uploaded study materials.
1. Practice exam q: Ecology
2. Does Mendels data support his hypothesis?
3. Predicting the results of a dihybrid cross
4. LAB: Make predictions; Survey plants
HW: Read/take notes 11.3, 12.2
LAB: compile data from all trials (student groups) to complete Table 3; do a chi2 analysis to see if the data supports the hypothesis (you wrote F1, F2, hypotheses in your lab notebook, right?)
Optional Ecology Review for students prepping for the AP exam. 3:50 - 4:30.
1. Respiration FRQ practice
Mysterious Deaths: Case Study in Respiration
2. Review: Potter genetics
3. Using Chi2 to test hypotheses
4. Plants sprouting? water, uncover
HW: Complete Chi2 analysis on three of Mendel's sets
of data; Chi2 explained (PPT), POGIL/Practice
problems available on Genetics page
AP exam prep: review key concepts in Ecology via
text/PPTs/practice book (in Big Ideas 2 & 4)
'bat' stamps due
1. Quiz: Respiration MC, Vocab, FRQ options
2. Plant Fast Plants for genetics study
HW: Genetics review: take notes from text 11.1-11.2
Finalize the shared Lab Write up: add comments suggesting edits to your partners piece(s); Finished paper due Friday
1. Common Design Exam reviewed
2. PPT: Aerobic Respiration
3. Working with Data/POGIL reviewed
HW: Suggest edits, via the comment feature, the group respiration lab
Know the respiration vocabulary, processes, for a Quiz Wednesday Vocab, MC, FRQ options
1. Respiration Pre-lab: objectives, variables, hypotheses shared; methods: what makes for 'good' science?
2. Run your experiment
create a single Google doc and invite me and your lab
group to all view and edit;
decide who will be responsible for each component: background, pre-lab, data, analysis
3. Go over Krebs (PPT) time allowing
HW: POGIL Aerobic Respiration
Post a first draft of your component of the
respiration write up to your shared doc
Vocab/Quiz on Respiration W or F of next week
1. PPT - Anaerobic pathways
2. Plan your respiration lab:
what question do you want to answer?
How will you do so? What do you predict?
3. Working with Data: AP Classic respiration lab
HW: Finish Working with Data
Work on the topic vocabulary
Consider: revisiting your notes
annotating the diagram sheet
1. Qualitative Yeast respiration - success?
Set up Root Beer Extension
2. PPT: Fermentation
3. How efficient is this energy transfer? S'math recap
4. Start POGIL
HW: Text Reading/Notes 8.4