9/1 & 9/2
1. Water lab summary due. Ch2 notes stamped yet?
2. pH notes [periods 5, 6]
3. @ lab: write out pre-lab; observe & tend to seeds
5. HW: Read/take notes 3.1 Chemistry of Carbon
1. HW discussed/due - Audubon (beak design) article
Review water content via lab examples
2. Notes: pH 3. Set up Lab: Effect of pH on seed germination
• a complete discussion(except themes) of the water lab, typed. Refer to Assignment Specifics handout (below)
• Finish Chapter 2 reading notes
• Ch2 quiz in Mader textonline (see links page).
2 approaches:take it 'cold', see how you do, then write corrections (to turn in) if you need to improve the score OR take your time & make it open book. Either way, email test results to me.
In class Quiz next class!
8/26&291. Finish chem rxn notes (as needed)
2. Water labwork stamped; poll everywhere review
3. Notes & ppt: water
4. HW:Read the following article excerpt; relate to our current topicand to at least two of the AP Biology themes (as listed in the course syllabus). Type your 3 paragraphs
As always: keep up with the text reading/notes & bring in questions!W/R
1. Methods and Features of Life notes complete? (from multiple sources, in own words.) Turn in/have stamped2. Chem notes, continued: Equations
3. Properties of Water lab, continued
• Water Lab analysis. (draft; into lab notebook) Be prepared to
discuss (results, discussion questions)
• Read/take notes from corresponding sections in Ch2. Use additional sources (i.e. on 'Links' page, AP Bio Prep book) to clarify • if you want a outline for the water lecture to annotate in class, print out Raven 7/e(cut and paste; enlarge, add line spacing)
8/22/&231. Questions on course? Got a lab notebook? Got notes on methods/basic chem?
2. Notes/ppt: bonding & electronegativity
3. @ lab: Properties of Water
- make the notes - methods, properties of life, chem basics - your own (Cornell, outline or essay form, you choose)
Who am I?
Notes/ppt: Features of Life
• Get a lab notebook.
• Download, read, and where applicable, act on the following course information sheets: