1. WHS Crime Scene DNA analysis results & discussion
2. Stamp vocab; Got 5 stamps? Show me
3. DNA Tech quiz
4. Optional: Blood typing
Have a great summer! Good luck seniors!
1. pGlo labwork stamped
optional pGlo papers due
2. WHS Mystery Theater 2012
3. Optional: Make rootbeer
HW: study for vocab/MC quiz
optional blood typing permission slip
1. Discuss Transformation lab hypotheses
2. Assess lab results
3. AP kickball
HW: Analyze Transformation lab results in lab notebook
Type it up (background, results analysis) if your grade is
1. Yeah, E. coli grew!
2 handouts: Follow all the directions carefully
HW: Go through an online version of the transformation lab (Molecular Biology, part 1) at UCCP or LabBench links under Bio+Logia above. Write lab objective, a SET of hypotheses, and answer any questions from the online model.
If you want to make root beer, bring a water bottle.
1. Have you:
practiced with the micropipette?
learned how the gel box works?
run dye through a gel?
modeled electrophoresis with the paper gel?
Have any 2 stamped
2. Stamp (& discuss?) applications of technology, pro and con
HW: Define vocab, List 12: DNA Tech
Bring in a new (sealed) 500mL bottled water for root beer lab
AP Biology Exam 7:30 am - GOOD LUCK !
1. DNA tech practice: Rainbow electrophoresis
• make and run a gel with dyes of various charges and components
• while the gel solidifies practice using the micropipette
and test your skill at aliquoting
1. On gel electrophoresis
• using micropipettes
• using the electrophoresis (gel) box
HW: complete paper gel model and previously assigned ch 18/19 reading/internet research (biochips uploaded for 5e addendum)
1. Paper plasmid process complete?
Obj, data, summary, annotated diagram into notebook
2. rDNA animations
HW: from 18.2/19.2 : RFLP analysis, DNA fingerprinting
from 18.3/19.3 : Read about Biochips, pro and con; choose another DNA tech application from the section, (gene therapy, herbicide resistance, insect resistance, plant GE, farm animals) summarize the pro's discussed in the text, and then research the con argument on the web.
1. Intro to DNA tech notes (ch18/19)
2. Model: transforming a paper plasmid
3. Show me your 6 stamps
Substitute Teacher: Ms Bowen
1. Half hour to study
2. Unit Exam: DNA, Central Dogma, Genetics
Vocab + FRQ option OR MC option
HW: AP Test-takers complete the practice MC exam; more exam prep resources on the same webpage; watch Bozeman videos to review concepts covered last fall