1. Oops - one more missing page from the Membrane Function POGIL
Chapter 5 notes done? (Tuesday last chance for stamp)
2. Next Lab: membranes, diffusion, water potential
3. PPT: Membrane structure
4.Finish the POGIL
5. Lab results
1. Lab papers due/PPTs presented
2. Crime Scene DNA Analysis
3. Optional: Blood Typing
4. New Topics: Epigenetics; CRISPr
HW: DNA/Genetics/Biotech Exam Tuesday
1. Lab: The Case of the Missing Yearbook
• lab prep takes time - do not delay!
• run the gel - also takes time!
• stain the gel - refrigerate overnight
2. While the gel runs...
• assign the suspect of your choice
• compare your work on Huntingtons page
• Read about the Innocence Project
HW: • Lab almost done? Due Thursday
• Blood Typing next class; parent permission slip required if interested.
1. Make a gel for DNA lab
2. Dodgeball v other AP class
HW: • Read/make comments/edit your group's lab write up; (has the paper been shared with me?)
• Buffett: CASE STUDY - Huntington's disease
• Get permission from parents on this letter if you want to test for your blood type Thursday
1. Smith Family testing
no results until your pre-lab is done!
optional: Video: Life with DMD
HW: • Upload to the group lab report
background: Electrophoresis, X-linked, DMD
pre-lab: obj, IV, DV, hypotheses (Maria & kids)
results: table (geno- & phenotypes), gel diagram
analysis: CER, discussion paragraphs
• TEXT - Facing Life with A Lethal Gene
.doc/url links on Genetics page
Dodgeball/Kickball Friday, dress accordingly
1. QW: Practice Problems
2. Quiz: DNA, etc.
3. TEXT - His Genes Carry Gifts
Options Discussion/SOAPS stamped
HW: • Pre-Lab: Smith Family DMD
Leave your notebook for grading
1. Electrophoresis for Genetic Analysis
PPT principles of electrophoresis
LAB PPT: Electrophoresis equipment
2. Pre-Lab: DMD in the Smith family
HW: • Leave your lab notebooks for grading
• Quiz Monday (NOT genetics list)
• SOAPS Analysis on the linked NYT text His Genes carry Gifts, Mine Carry Risks
AP Bio exam, done! (& phew!)
• no discussion until the FRQ are released tomorrow (and never about the MC)
• please return borrowed test prep books
1. Whiteboarding - Other gene relationships Buffet page
2. Lab: Morgan's flies
testing Mendels Law of Independent Assortment
HW: • Classic Genetics Labwork completed in notebook: Mendels question, hypothesis and data (glue in tables); same for Morgan. CER for both; incorporate vocabulary terms! No discussion paragraph necessary; graph optional.
• Is the pGlo lab complete in your notebook? If no, do it too.
•Quiz Monday: vocab + s'math
The key on the MC review packet is wrong. Here's the right one. (is it summer yet?)
Remember, review material by topic on each of the unit pages of this website; comprehensive review resources on the EXAM page (including the rest of those MC)
2. PPT: Other gene/allele relationships
3. 10 stamps agreed upon - turn page in
HW: • Get caught up in Buffet (through Gene Relationships), and with the Lab (Part A)
• AP Exam is Monday - Do some studying