1. Review the POGIL: Membrane Structure
2. In Groups:
• look at data feedback; revise as needed
• share your draft analysis; edit as needed
• turn back in
3. Read/take notes 5.1
1. Quickwrite: Cells
2. Cell size lab data
• make a copy of the Class Sheet
• identify (correct where possible) questionable data
• graph the class data
3. Organize and edit the lab data & results
4. Draft the lab analysis
5. Complete the Membrane Structure POGIL
Optional: Edit the Pre-lab
1. Cells: So what?
2. SS: Diffusion & the square-cube law
block models; check your math against the key
3. Cell Size Lab: Read through the methods, write the pre-lab
does your group have agar? vinegar?
4. Buffet: Annotate the cell diagram(s) as directed in the GC assignment
1. Jennifer Taddei on AP testing
2. SS, continued: Why are cells are small?
3. Cell Size : calculating the SA:V ratio
4. Buffet- Text: A Short History of Everything on cells
read, define new vocabulary, underline sources, paraphrase main point of each paragraph
5. Cell size Lab: Background, including example w/calculations
1. SS - Cell Types & from simple > complex
2. Group Jamboard: Prokaryotic vs Eukaryotic
use text sections 4.2 & 4.3, SS as a resource
3. Read/take notes on SS and/or 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3; watch the linked videos to review endosymbiosis.
4. Tuesday and Friday are professional development days for staff, and a mental health presentation for students during core. No student presentations are scheduled for 1A, so we will meet for class Tuesday 8:15-9:15 as usual.