1. SS: Glycolysis, fermentation
2. Enzyme lab: recap, questions
3. Jamboard: Variables affecting reaction rate
4. POGIL - Aerobic Respiration
5. Watch Bozeman AP Biology: Respiration lab
Optional: Check out a practice book from the library
Need to up your participation grade? Consider reading/marking up one of the two texts linked on the syllabus.
1. Membrane potential redux, via Crash Course, and HW graphs
2. Compare/discuss/edit your POGIL: Neuron Function, particularly questions #8, 12, 13, 15b& c, and 16-20; edit and turn it back in as needed
3. Intro to Metabolism: POGIL: ATP .
3. Finish the Intro to metabolism assignment (ATP POGIL; notes 6.1 & 6.2)
4. Learn the first terms list (Cell Signaling; add synapse and depolarize to the print version) for a quiz (vocab and s'math) Monday
Back-to-school, for some!
Please be patient as we figure out hybrid school
1. Q & A: Neuron structure and function
2. Buffet: HHMI Biointeractive: The Electrical Activity of Neurons
3. Finish the classwork
4. Check your Examples: Cell Signaling work against the key (now posted to the assignment)
5. Optional for credit (and good practice in any case): Data: Rod Cell response
This is an asynchronous day of school, as is Friday (B day classes)
Communicating and responding to information via the nervous system involves diffusion, active transport, and communication within and between cells. The nervous system as a whole is no longer an AP content standard, but how the NS communicates is fair game on the AP exam.
1. Write notes on the topic, using 37.2 in the text, and the linked narrated SS.
2. Complete the POGIL: Neuron Function
See you Monday for synchronous class (and a few of you in-person! Yipee!)