1. Lab A recap
2. Lab B - practice
using the Spectronic 20D+/colorimeters
HW: Hearing about a concept or doing it once or twice on a worksheet or lab does not = knowledge & understanding. Be a college student: use the Unit Resources page and review via videos, editing your notes as you go. Confused by the lab? Read through this version to clarify
1. Recap Gibbs free energy
Whiteboarding: practice problems
2. PPT: Enzymes
6.3 notes stamped
3. Background: Hydrogen Peroxide Metabolism (enzyme) Lab
HW: • Summarize Lab A observations; (edit #3 of the lab handout as follows:
3. Write the overall equation of the redox reaction. Balance this equation. (It’s the law!) etc.
• from the Buffet: do the Enzyme Virtual Lab
1. Review: reactions 'pairs; Energy of Reactions buffet page
2. PPT: Gibbs Free Energy
Review Free Energy POGIL #15-17
3. Buffet work: : Free Energy s'math practice problem set
Leave your lab notebook for grading (transformation /pGLO)
HW: Read/take notes 6.3: Enzymes
1. New unit, new buffet (Foundations: Metabolism)
2. PPTs: Energy organelles; Energetics basics
3. POGIL: Free Energy
HW: Finish the POGIL; Notes: 3.1 & 3.2
1. Midterm: Common Design 2
substantial evidence of studying? stamp
HW: Read/Annotate the text: The Origin of Complex Life
1. Quizzes returned
2. Buffet: Working with Data discussed
Mutation, Proteins & Disease
3. Practice books test q: Common Design
4. Protein Synthesis Bingo?
HW: Exam Tuesday - keep studying! tangible evidence for a stamp
1. QW: Gene Expression
2. Transformation Lab: recapped; results; analyze same
3. PPT: What is a protein?
HW: • Finish Transformation lab analysis
• Buffett addition: Working with Data: Transformation
• Exam Tuesday Omit final vocabulary list; Begin studying tonight: tackle one
set of review questions followed by the same Mader online quiz per night.
1. Lab: pGLO procedures
2. Compare hypotheses in your group. Edit as needed.
No HW, enjoy the weekend