1. Catch up on stamps
2. Lab: Analysis recapped
Further analysis: linkage map of the fly data
3. PPT: Sex-linked genes/electrophoresis
4. Measuring small quantities with a micropipette.
HW: Pre-Lab: The Smith family genetic testing
Buffet option: Linkage mapping challenge
1. PPT: Other gene relationships
check your buffet page solutions
2. Morgans Fly lab: linked genes and X-linked inheritance
HW: Linked Genes lab: results table in notebook; CER
Buffett: Gene Relationships worksheet, Q #6
1. Starter: Genetics problems
2. Quiz: Heredity
3. Lab analyzed, complete in the notebook
HW: •Finish up the WFP in your lab notebook
• Read/take notes : 11.3. As you read, work concurrently on:
• Buffet: Gene Relationships, #'s 1, 3, 4, & 5
• Short a stamp? Do the Working with Data: Butterfly Paternity
1. Friday recap: dihybrid crosses
2. Lab: Fast Plant dihybrid data
Is your group's data posted? Save a copy for group
Question: do either/both traits reflect the Law of Dominance?
Question: do the alleles sort independently?
Mendel's predictions are the hypotheses; plant survey is data; chi2 to analyze
HW: • Finalize your part of the lab data, including graphs
• Read/Take notes section 11.2, through p201
• Define vocabulary for Thursday Quiz
• Wednesday Extra Exam prep: Photosynthesis
1. Energetic exam reviewed
2. Final respiration lab presentations
3. Chi2 problems reviewed
4. Dihybrid crosses: PPT; Fast Plant data
No HW, enjoy the beautiful weekend (safely)!
1. More Respiration Labs shared
2. Meiosis: Buffet page reviewed
3. PPT: Mendel, chi-square test, continued
4. Buffet: Applying the Chi2 test
HW: Read/take notes: 10.4; 10.6 (through p184)
• Finish #3, above
Wednesday a.m. class canceled for tomorrow. We will meet again next week.
1. Respiration presentations
2. PPT: meiosis, Mendel
3. Lab: dihybrid WFP set up?
3. The Chi-square test of a hypothesis
HW: • Work through this : Punnet square genetics review
• Read the Notes: Chi-square handout from today. On the handout, calculate the chi-square
for Mendel's data on round vs wrinkled seeds; interpret the result as directed in the handout.
• Watch this to better Understand chi-square
1. Respiration Case Study - The Seven Deaths
TPR sock model
HW: Finish the respiration presentations - know your stuff!
Buffet: Cell division diagrams & Table B on the back side work in pencil!