1. Root beer floats/small group energy Q&A
2. Midterm: Energetics
Have a great Spring Break!
1. O2 sensors, bleh!
Lab redeux as needed
generate graph(s), result(s), analyze same
2. Review for Friday Exam
review book questions review sheet, graphic organizer sheets,
mark up/outline/summarize notes, whiteboard a graphic organizer
finish the vocabulary; write assertion statements using multiple vocabulary terms...
HW: Actively study! Exam (and root beer floats) Friday
1. Turn in the Working with Data: Respiration Buffet page
2. Respiration Lab, part C: be mindful!
collect data to try to answer your lab question
HW: • Did you get suspect/no real data in lab today? Those O2 sensors are the problem. You can run trials again Wednesday if you need to. Let me know if I need to buy more crickets (I gave the others away).
• Study for Friday exam:
• use your notes - identify key information, outline, summarize...
• define the respiration vocabulary
• download/print review sheet(s): frq, graphic organizers, etc
• Mader online quizzes
conference is in April, doh! no sub Monday
so: run Lab C Monday, shorter exam & floats Friday
1. (4A QW )
2. PPT: ETC & Chemiosmosis
POGIL stamped (4A) & reviewed
3. Plan Lab part C: Inquiry
Practice using Vernier/BioChambers for data collection
Run lab Monday
HW: • Buffet: Working with Data: Classic AP respiration Lab
• Use notes, etc to annotate diagrams
• do a little background research on your lab organism
1. Lab A discussed
2. (4A) PPT: Krebs
3. Set up Lab B: root beer respiration
4. POGIL: Models 3 & 4
HW: Finish the Aerobic Respiration POGIL
Working with Data : respirometers
Plan lab C; write pre-lab
1. Keeping up with the notes? Doing the questions? stamp
enzyme lab is due
2. What effects enzyme reaction rate? PPT, lab results shared
3. QW: Reactants & products of glycolysis and fermentation
4. Respiration Lab A: Yeast
did you read through/write the background?
5. 4A: PPT: Krebs (Citric acid0)Cycle
HW: • update lab background with Part A results
• Review energetics notes and lab work thus far;
do the text q, write summaries, etc
Where were you this morning?
If you are taking the AP exam, get the Cell signaling/feedback materials
1. S'math solutions on the board
Use notes/ppt to annotate glycolysis/fermentation diagrams
2. POGIL - Aerobic Respiration, Models 1 & 2
3. PPT: Link and Krebs (citric acid) cycle
HW: • Read through the Respiration Lab;
paraphrase the background in lab notebook
• Notes: 8.4
• Finish the POGIL (Aerobic Respiration) through Model 2
• Final edits to the enzyme lab paper
1. Last exam passed back/reviewed
did you take Thursdays quiz?
8.1 & 6.4 notes stamped
2. PPT glycolysis
3. Buffet: energy from respiration
HW: Finish respiration S'math
Edits to enzyme paper
Notes: 8.2 & 8.3
Optional: Extra AP class every Wednesday, 8:30 - 9:15
1. PPT: ATP POGIL stamped
2. Energetics Quiz Vocabulary stamped
3. Lab: do you have adequate data to answer your question? Run more trials, re-run trials with odd results.
Graph and analyze results in the lab notebook; create the shared doc, assign parts
HW: Turn in stamp sheet
Finish the lab in the notebook; upload you part to the group paper