1. Artificial Selection lab: feedback
2. Cells Size Lab: Block Model discussed
Agar cells, part B PPT version
pre-lab before lab!
3. Text: Cells Final Word discussion
HW: • Optional phylogeny lab work still needs to be graded - leave notebook?
• Complete any pre-lab, calculations for same for the Cell Size lab
• Buffett: read/take notes 4.1-4.3
1. New Buffet, new lab groups
Anyone do the optional buffet (Parts of Animals) or replacement lab?
2. PPT: Cells, Diffusion
3. Lab: (a handout this time) Background info, including lab A: Block Model
HW: Buffett: Read/mark-up the Text: Cells (Bryson). read again and identify at least 6 sentences or passages that you feel are important, interesting, confusing, or otherwise noteworthy.
1. Zonkeys text: SOAPS discussed
2. Intro to cells: view representative cells; identify; calculate size. Ppt directions here
3. Leave your lab notebook for grading of Artificial Selection lab
HW: • None required over the holiday break
• Short a stamp? In the Buffet is the text Parts of Animals; read, annotate, diagram the proposed taxonomy
1. Midterm Exam
Vocab stamped; last chance for POGIL stamp
turn in stamp page
HW: • Wrap the Artificial Selection Lab (analysis)
• SOAPS analysis of the text Zonkeys are Pretty Much My Favorite Animal (print or online version)
1. PPT/ TED video: from non-living > living
need a chem refresher?
2. Review: phlox, graphic organizer
3. Lab results: data here; generate results table, graphs as directed in lab ppt
HW: • Finish Ch 18 notes/questions; consider doing the final POGIL concurrently
• Final edits to Phylogeny paper by Friday at 3pm (even though no school)
• Optional: Primate phylogeny lab (to replace a score) due before Thanksgiving break
• Exam Wednesday, start reviewing (see resources on macro page)
Last chance for Ch 19 notes/q stamp
1. Starter: mice populations
2. Lab: Artificial Selection
lab ppt: Objective, methods reviewed
post data of the f1 generation
3. Buffet: Working with Data, continued
HW: • Start Ch 18 notes & questions
• Edit own/edit& comment on others work on the Phylogeny lab. Substantial time/effort = full credit.
• Buffet: finish the Working with Data
• Systematics Lab option (to replace a lab score): Primate Phylogeny due before Thanksgiving break
1. Completed lab work, Ch 19 notes stamped
Review your Quiz; return when done
2. PPT: Domains
3. Buffet: Graphic Organizer reviewed
Complete the Working with Data: Flower Color and Reproductive Isolation
4. Phylogeny lab: Create a shared lab doc; decide on components
Class tree is part of the background - okay to scan in
HW: Finish Ch 19 notes & assigned questions
Write your part of the Phylogeny lab paper into he shared doc. Use the comments from
the previous papers to information your writing ; do not repeat the mistakes of the earlier efforts.