1. Membrane structure notes and POGIl stamped
2. Cell Size lab: background discussed; PPT
HW: Lab Work: Save a copy of the Sheets file to work in by yourself. Share it with me. Complete the lab work through results calculations (slide 17) & graphing. Also, start defining the vocab
1. QW: Cells
2. Recap: Share claims about cells
3. Why so small? It's about diffusion
4. Cell size lab: Background
including block model
HW: Pre-Lab • Read/Take notes 5.1 • POGIL: Membrane Structure
1. Midterms reviewed
read FRQ example answers
return all components
2. Artificial Selection Lab: Assess F1 generation Fast Plants for cotyledon size
measure only those plants who have produced a true leaf
record in the class data table
2. Cell Lab intro, continued
finish observing prepared slides; record observations in a table
make wet mounts of onion, cheek cells
3. Cell Lab: Background and Pre-lab
No HW, enjoy the holiday!
Pick up the new buffet
1. Annotated Cells Text stamped; Final Word discussion
2. PPT: Cells
3. Lab: Cells
HW: Buffett: Reading/notes/questions 4.1-4.3
1. Grades are due today
Systematics lab paper turned in?
Did you take the exam?
2. Remember this Lab? Artificial Selection (slides 21+)
Review background, procedures, write pre-lab
3. Harvest and plant the F1 seeds
use the lab directions
HW: • Finish the Artificial Selection pre-lab
• Read.annotate the text excerpt: A Short History of Nearly Everything: Cells
Do I have your groups Systematics paper?
1. POGIL, extra text(s) stamped; turn in stamp page
1. Last chance for 18.2+ questions stamp; POGIL completed? stamped
2. PPT: Origins
3. Whiteboarding: Parts of Animals - use the reading to generate a graphic of Aristotle's taxonomy. Can you find the contradiction in his scheme?
4. Review: Systematics lab discussion q; unit exam review sheet, review book (slide 2)
HW: Exam next class: finish the vocabulary, study, using your notes, buffet and lab work, and more on the unit resources webpage