1. Buffet: Turn in either 'Parts of Animals' or Working with Data: Flower Color
Have stamped: second buffet page, Ch 3 & 18 notes, complete vocabulary
2. Midterm Exam: Speciation, Origins
Enjoy the holiday & break!
1. Quizzes returned/reviewed
2. Phylogeny Lab results discussed/edited
3. PPT: Origins. Any questions? Did you watch the linked videos?
• finish the unit vocabulary
• complete 2 of the 3 final buffet asignments
• outline notes or write Cornell summaries
• take the practice tests in AP Classroom
• more review options listed on this webpage (Unit Resources > Macroevolution & Systematics > Review)
The agenda for classes for the week of November 10 are posted. Therefore, read the agenda date to make sure you are doing the right HW assignments on the right night.
1. Origins PPT continued, slides 12-17
2. TED talk: The line between life and not-life
3. Choose one more buffet item to complete
HW: • Text Q: chapter 3 Reviewing this chapter #1-3; & Chapter 18 as assigned on syllabus
• Add to your unit vocabulary: protista through endosymbiosis
Welcome back! Toast & tea available
1. Pre-Lab reviewed
2. A little more data needed: 3 & 4 shared ancestors
Post to class data
3. Make a copy of the class data; graph as directed in the lab
HW: Read/take notes: 3.1 & 18.1
HW: Let's try to continue with the Phylogeny lab so these two weeks are not a total loss.
1. Write the Pre-Lab; prompts on slide 11. You can write a more general hypothesis, or one specific to your group, below.
2. Data - slide 12. You have the unique DNA you generated in class; find your group below, open the respective Sheet, and and edit your DNA to reflect the mutations you experienced. Follow the directions carefully and completely, look at the example, and let's try to make this work.
Group 1: Nathan • Sarah • Grace • Carmi • Mikayla • Anna • Mackenzie
Group 2: Landon • Pauline • Andrea • Emily • Alexis • Emma • Katherine
Group 3: Siera • Mara • Katie • Mina • Kenzie • Zoe • Lily
Group 4: Cadence • Bailey • Adrianna • Ava • Nicole • Elise • Faith
With your cooperation and luck, by Wednesday night you will have posted enough data that I will be able to post class data, which we can graph and analyze